I’m happy to invite you to have a look at some interesting stats and news about the world’s most loving, playing game, the Football
Even though you may be aware of the game and its tradition, I wish to ecphory before starting this post.
Disclaimer: The datas are collected from online databases using Google Search and wikipedia.org and the images are downloaded by using Google Search Images from various files available. Thanks to the one and all! An Appeal: The correctness of the post is vulnerable to errors unknowingly which may be corrected on valid proofs and verification.
The game played with a ball hit by foot. The history of the game may be verified from wikipedia.org. Some Excerpts from it are:
The game was played all over the world even before it’s current rules and regulation formed on their own. There is a certain credit to British Colonial Empire in spreading and maintaining the game’s heritage in its whole empire.
Two teams of usually between 11 and 18 players each may play this game in a common – defined area of ground.
The first ever International Football match was played on 5th March, 1870 at the Oval ground between England and Scotland which ended in a draw. Robert Crawford and Baker put 1 goal each for Scotland and England respectively. W.H. Gladstone, the Member of Parliament and son of the Sitting Prime Minister W.E. Gladstone of the Britain represented the Scottish team.
The Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) was founded in Paris on 21.05.1904 and Mr. Robert Guérin, a French Journalist was elected as its First President.
The following are the list of FIFA champions by year
|10||1974||West Germany||West Germany|
|20||2014||Brazil||to be played|
Brazil won the cup 5 times in the years 1958,1962,1970,1994 & 2002 followed by Italy with 4 times in the years 1934,1938,1982 & 2006 and Germany with 3 times in the years 1954,1974 & 1990.
Interestingly Germany entered the World Cup final 7 times which is in tie with Brazil. The inaugural year Champions, Uruguay are still finding hard to clinch title after 1950.
England and Spain have entered Final only once each and won it. On the otherside Netherlands,Czechoslovakia,Hungary and Sweden have entered World cup finals thrice, twice, twice and once respectively and lost them.
FIFA 2014 World Cup – Brazil
At last we have reached our post actually!
The 20th FIFA world cup would be played in Brazil from June 12, 2014 to July 13, 2014. 32 Countries participating in the tournament are divided into 8 groups as Group A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H.
The hosts – Brazil is placed in Group A with Croatia, Mexico and Cameroon. The defending champions – Spain is placed in Group B with Netherlands, Chile and Australia. Japan is placed in Group C with Colombia, Greece and Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast). Group D matches would be a tit tat to watch. It has Uruguay, Italy, England and Costa Rica.
France is placed in Group E with Switzerland, Equador and Honduras. while Argentina is placed in Group F with Bosnia – Herzegovina, Iran and Nigeria. Germany is placed in Group G with Portugal, Ghana and USA while Russia is placed in Group H with Belgium, Algeria and Korea Republic (South Korea)
The tournament would be played in 12 cities of Brazil. All the champions since the first world cup have got qualified for this world cup. The match fixtures and venues may be seen from FIFA Website
This is the place and time where I and You have to thank and remember Nimbuzz Pulse of the Nation for inducing and offering to share some reports of surveys conducted by them.
It is good to see good people tying up for good cause / entertainment of the game followers.
The following is the report of Nimbuzz Pulse of the nation and credit goes to them and their team
Who is most likely to take the Golden Boot home this season? Respondents: 22,235
- Lionel Messi, Argentina – 47%
- Wayne Rooney, England – 29%
- Bastian Schweinsteiger, Germany- 19%
Who is most likely to take home the Golden Ball? Respondents: 50,314
- Neymar Junior, Brazil – 44%·
- Lionel Messi, Argentina – 22%
- Andres Iniesta, SPain – 34%
Best mentor / icon for the season Respondents: 20,009
- Felipe Scolari, Brazil- 53%
- Joachia Loew, Germany – 25%
- Roy Hodgson, England- 12%
Who will flaunt the coolest hairstyle on the ground? Respondents: 28,987
- Mario Balotelli, Italy – 54%
- Stephen El Shaarawy, Italy – 24%
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Portugal– 22%
Who is most likely to take home the Fair Play award? Respondents: 27,336
- Spain – 46%
- Uruguay– 34%
- France – 20%
Who according to you is the most fashionable player in the World Cup?Respondents: 34,308
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Portugal – 52%
- Iker Casillas, Spain – 28%
- Mario Gotze, Germany- 20%
Which celebrity you are most eager to see on the stands? Respondents: 22,267
- Kate Middleton – 56%
- Leonardo DiCaprio – 31%
- Victoria Beckham – 13%
Which team is the underdog this season? Respondents: 34,866
- Russia – 62%
- Belgium – 21%
- Ivory Coast – 17%
A newbie player who can blow your mind with his performance?Respondents: 19,456
- Oscar, Brazil – 49%
- Neymar Junior, Brazil – 26%
- Jetro Willems, Holland – 25%
Interesting Insights of the report
- Lionel Messi– Most likely to get the Golden Boot – Messi’s consistent form has seen a big thumbs up by fans, as they predict he could be the one with the most number of goals in the tournament.
- Neymar Junior– Most likely to get the Golden Ball – the dusky forward/winger from Brazil comes beats Spanish Andres Iniesta to become the player most likely to take home the Golden Ball.
- Cristiano Ronaldo– The most fashionable player– Ronaldo’s charm on Indians refuses to die down anytime soon as he leads the list of players to become the favourite amongst Indians
- Felipe Scolari– Best mentor for the season – Felipe Scolari seems to have the trust of more fans as an icon/ mentor than Joachia Loew or Roy Hodgson, as more than double the people have voted for him over the others
Thanks for the survey report to TEAM NIMBUZZ PULSE OF NATION
Looking forward to your feedback via comments